Taenia Cysts in stomach
My symptoms start before 3 or 4 months .I feel pain in my stomach after eating ,10 kg weight loss ,sometimes pain is worse ,tightness in stomach, etc then my doctor recommend stool test and urine test .irine test is normal but stool test shows taenia cysts and undigested particles .so what can I do

Dr. Deepali S. Ajinkya
General Physician 16 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello The stool report indicates worm infestation. You may take Tablet Zentel 400mg one at night for once and Tablet Flagyl 400mg 3 times a day for 5 days. This for deworming. Weight loss of 10 kg in 3 months needs to be attended. It is better first you get the sonography done and consult gastroenterologist . Need to rule out the cause which can be worm infestation (but will rarely cause so much pain) or gastritis (severe acidity which cause pain after eating) or other reasons. Meantime you may take antacid like omeprazole 20mg before food twice a day. Avoid spicy and deep fried food. Take care