T - Gondii Positive

My wife is a 15 weeks pregnant, she have Toxoplasma IgM is positive (1.16) is it dangerous to her/baby? what can i do now, please suggest me. Earlier she loss pregnancy in 8th month. in that time we don't know the reason because, where we did monthly checkup they are not tell this problem, they suggested that the bay is not alive inside we can't help any thing you people go to Gandhi Hospital, and we went there they did normal delivery (not alive baby) after 2 days.

Doctor Answers (1) on T - Gondii Positive

I could not read the date of the test, in the report. Was this done when you lost your baby in the last pregnancy, or is this result from the current pregnancy? Toxoplasma Ig M test is not a very specific test. The Ig M can be positive for upto 18 months from an infection, which would mean that your wife may have had a Toxoplasma infection up-to 18 months ago, and not necessarily in this pregnancy. When the IgM is positive, with a negative IgG, we repeat the IgM & IgG again in two weeks from the first test. If on repeating, the IgG also becomes positive, it means recent infection, and she will need to see a fetal medicine specialist, to discuss regarding the confirmatory tests available for diagnosis. If however, the repeat IgG is negative & IgM remains positive, this is very likely to be a false positive result, and you need not worry about any infection.