Sweaty palms and feet!

This problem has been buzzing me since ages. My hands and feet perspire whenever i am anxious, specially during the summer time. Even if i hold something in my hand my hand feel so sweaty. I want to know if there is a cure for it. If not are there certain medications available for it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Sweaty palms and feet!

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hyperhidrosis is abnormally excessive sweating that's not necessarily related to higher temperatures or exercise. You may sweat so much that it soaks through your clothes or drips off your hands. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, hyperhidrosis can cause social anxiety and embarrassment. Hyperhidrosis treatment usually involves prescription-strength antiperspirants on the affected areas. Rarely, an underlying cause may be found and treated. For persistent hyperhidrosis, you may need to try different medications or other therapies. In severe cases, your doctor may suggest surgery either to remove the sweat glands or to disconnect the nerves responsible for the overproduction of sweat..