Swallowing & voice
AAbout three and half months ago I passed through brain stem glioma tumor surgery. During treatment I was on ventilator for 20 days. Doctors said that after one and half month I am able to eat or drink orally. I tried after 2 months to drink soup but still I am not able to swallow food and liquid. Whenever I tried, cough become starts. I also have cough problem since 3 months. I tried all the syrups and medications but cough not stops. I also have hoarseness in my voice and I couldn't open my mouth fully. I think that there is some problem in my throat. Major problem is difficulty in swallowing. Please help me to sort out this problem and tell me what should I do. Just now

Hi..... Get plenty of sleep and rest your voice. Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration.... Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids — broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey — and cold treats such as ice pops can soothe a sore throat..... Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. ....