cancer-icon

Swallowed hot food

I don't understand sometimes what goes into me. I ate hot maggi which was just prepared and i guess my esophaegous throat and mouth is burnt. I am very anxious as it is still paining and I read hot food causes cancer to such parts. I don't want to die because of this foolishness. I have not eaten anything much since that day only water and it's paining.

Harisha N L

Hi there... Nothing much to worry... You might have damaged mucosal lining so you will experience pain...Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty... avoid coffee,tea etc... Avoid stress,consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga etc...drink plenty of water.. Consult nearest gastroenterologist if pain persist more than a week ..Regards.
Dr. Aravind S Kapali
Surgical Oncologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

One episode doesn't matter. It's repeated hot food is theorized to cause but not proven. If there is difficulty in swallowing please see a medical gastroenterologist for endoscopy. If not u can ignore this episode. Smoking is more harmful and proven to cause cancer.