Swallowed dates seed
My 12 year daughter swallowed dates seed. What should I do. Will it be digested or any precautionary medication need to be done

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 12 yrs exp Delhi

Please don't worry. Completely harmless. Be assured, that's it
Dr. Phanindra V V

Hello. Typically any such dryfruit seeds are natural, i.e. organic in nature. They are either digested in the system or come out during passing stools if it could not be digested in the system. Usually it comes out. This should not be a big problem. However, keep a watch on any allergic reaction like rashes etc. and watch for the seed come out mixed in the stools.