Sur sur sound breathing

My baby 6 months old making sure sound while breathing... Is it due to cough or what... Please help me... And also suggest is it common in babies...

Doctor Answers (2) on Sur sur sound breathing

According g to your history, it seems to be nasal block. Please watch for fever and fast breathing and difficulty in feeding. Use saline nasal drops 2drops in both nostril every 4 hours 20 min before a feed, so as to help baby keep nostrils open. Disclaimer "This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the patient undergoing a physical examination and is based entirely on inputs provided by patient/attendants. The patient is advised for physical examination at earliest"
Ashwani Koul Bangalore | Pediatrician
Sound during breathing in babies is mostly due to nose block. There could be other reasons too. So use saline nasal drops to clear the nose as and when u hear sounds before feeds. For any other reasons of noisy breathing which makes babies breath faster you will need to visit a pediatrician.