Suggestions reg OCPs

My wife started taking the OCPs as per the attached prescription from the 22nd Apr. After using Deviry till the 1st May, she experienced some bleeding and the doctor asked her to discontinue the medicines. She was supposed to have her periods on the 27th which didn't happen. Also she took an i-pill on the 12th may. When would it be suitable for her to start taking femilon? Is it OK for her to have intercourse till then? Will she still be at risk of pregnancy?

Doctor Answers (1) on Suggestions reg OCPs

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., you can follow safe period method.... Ovulation approximately occurs in the middle of the cycle... A week before and a week after the approximate day of ovulation is considered to be Fertile period, also.known as the danger period.... The days apart from this is called the safe periods, where the fertilization does not takes place.....And I think you can practice this till then you are planning to have child.... I sincerely hope this information is useful to you people .... Regards,