Suggestion for pragnancy

My wife is pragnant by 5 months. She is eating mango as she likes it... And its good to have seasonal food. Also she had taken too many bananas in last 5 months and feeling bored from banana. So for a change, she likes to have mangos. As of now she is eating average 5 mango in a day. We have found articles on Internet about benefits of having mangoes. And can have mangoes in pragnancy. But old age woman from our house suggesting her, not to have too much mango. Is it safe to have mango in pragnancy?

Doctor Answers (2) on Suggestion for pragnancy

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Obstetrician
Too much of anything is BAD........eating mango is not bad provided it is done in limits. say 1-2 mangoes per day In some patients excess mango intake may cause acidity and indigestion with loose motions. so beware.........encourage your wife to eat more proteins from veg ( daals, pulses, milk, beans, groundnuts, etc ) and non veg ( meat, chicken, eggs...) to help the baby grow more
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Mango contain fructose ...its a sugar..everything is good if its taken within I'm limit ... Too much of any is bad for health and pregnancy ...too much of fruit juice , fruits can increase blood glucose level , which inturn increases glucose intake by fetus resulting in large for gestation.... Tell her to have everything in limited quantity.