Suggestion about vaccine.

As i mentioned earlier in a query that i got bitten from my pet dog which was not well vaccinated but was okay after it bit me. And also that i could not avail any vaccine other than tetanus injection after the bite because no stock was available in the pharmacies. Now after 6 days of being bitten i went to the pharmacy after consulting a doctor , the doctor advised me to take Xprab injections on day 0,3,7,14,28 I just want to confirm that will it be enough since one of my friend said that this is not a vacine but is a prepared antibody which will immunize me for only for some time and after sometime i will be vulnerable again. Do i still need to worry because i got it after 6 days and because of my friends words. Also note that my bite was not so prominent no blood was their , I could just see a point size hematoma and it was swollen for one night after bite which subsided the very next day. Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Suggestion about vaccine.

Dr. Indranil Khan Kolkata | General Physician
Better late than never.. :) Just complete the complete schedule.. All's well.. :)