Sudden hair loss

Hi, I'm 28 years of age. Lately i am losing too much hair. Which kind of a doctor should I consult and what oil / shampoo should I use to stop the hair fall and regrow my lost hair. I use helmet for 1 hour of travel daily. I don't take breakfast, have a regular timed lunch & dinner as well.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sudden hair loss

Dr. Deepa Kanchankoti Mumbai | Dermatologist
Hi. There are many reasons for hair loss. We need to assess if it is generalised hair loss or patterned hair loss. If it is patchy or all over. Is there any scarring or it is nonscarring. We also need to find out if there is a specific reason for hair loss on the scalp or inside the body. Some times cause is external like diet pattern, sleep pattern ,stress etc.. best results for hair loss is seen when the cause is removed and supplements will help you grow the hair in a healthy manner. If needed investigations for iron profile or thyroid tests may be needed. I will suggest you to visit a certified dermatologist who understands hair and body correlation better..helmet is a must so continue wearing it. You must improve your diet. Eat well balanced nutritious food on time. Sleep well sleep complete and on time. In the mean time you can take tablet follihair after meal, once a day for 3 months. Improve your iron content by eating green leafy vegetables.