Stunted Height growth

My height is not growing as per my age ..and i m really very short according to my age ...js there any medicine or any tips tricks to increase height...pls tell.i m in 12th standard and ppl call me in 8th standard. ...that's really embarrassing. .pls help...or consult me a doctor for the same. Thankyou

Dr. Bhalchandra M Jayakar
Pediatric Surgeon 16 yrs exp Mumbai

Kindly visit your Doctor and get yourself evaluated for your height, weight and age appropriate growth parameters and developmental changes. If these are within normal limits, then nothing to worry. If not, than further tests and opinions may be required.
Dr. Rupesh R. Mendadkar
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello. Height of the individual is determined by parents height. Taller parents have talked kids and vice a versa. Height is also affected by nutritional status of individual. Proteins are very much essential for growth. So for increasing height u can increase protein intake by consuming eggs, pulses. Do exercise regularly. Have a nutritious diet rich in protein and calcium.