Strech marks near armpit

I started gym in November 2015. After 5-6 month i noticed that i got some stretch mark near my armpit I consult the matter to the nutritionist and my Gym trainer and also did some Google on it which leads me to a reason that when your body starts to grow or pack some pound of muscle,then stretch marks starts to appear. Is it correct? or its happening for some other reason. Whom should i consut this with a dermatologist or sports nutritionist.
views-icons 46 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia
Dermatologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi! The elastin in the skin cannot stretch as fast as the muscles do when people start exercising suddenly or start doing weight training rapidly. Hence, the stretch marks occur. If they are early red bands then they can be taken care of with treatments and medicines  Later as they become white multiple sessions of resurfacing is required. You can either visit clinic or show a nearby Dermatologist. Try to go about the workouts little steadily