Stone in saliva gland dct

My mother had a cerebral stroke some 20 months back and her cardiac condition is not very strong either. She has developed this stone in the duct of her left lower saliva gland which has a size of 6-8 mm.She is suffering from a growing pain for last 8-10 days. Is there a cure in medicine ? We don't want surgery in this phase of her life.

Doctor Answers (4) on Stone in saliva gland dct

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Get a conebeam CT (not conventional CT) done and upload the results with appropriate images as given to you. Advantages being very less radiation and easy positioning. I am sure experienced clinicians and surgeons in this forum would give you a valuable opnion and correct treatment guidance. Although there are alternative treatment options, present position and obstruction caused by the calculi in the duct needs to visualised. Just a X-ray or a radiograph will not help.
Do visit an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for further advise.Do not delay as it may not resolve only with medication. Regards
Hi.. considering the size of the stone, surgery is best way. However there is  a technique that can be tried called catheterization. Visit a oral surgeon.

Regards

You should consult the oral and maxillofacial surgeon for further evaluation.medicine is not the curative treatment.