Stomach pain in periods

Hi, My sister is suffering from severe stomach ache during her periods time.she is suffering from stomach ache since her childhood.In first day of periods she had severe pain and last 2 days its less..so a solution to this problem could be helpful whether to consult a doctor or use medicines.. Thanks in advance.
views-icons 103 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Stomach pain in periods

Dr.Swarup Kumar Ghosh. Kolkata | General Physician
Hi my sister your problem study so adv best Homeo doctor consult to Practo.
Dr. Arunabha Das Darjeeling | General Physician
If the volume of period is normal,than you have nothing to worry about abdominal pain during periods. It happens in virgin girls because of tightly apposed cervix during periods. If abdominal pain is continous during periods associated with irregular,low volume periods and overweight condition,than it may be a case of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Blood for TSH, FSH,LH on 3rd day of period in fasting state. You should check for ultrasonography of whole abdomen immediately. Rx, Tab. Diclofenac 100mg 1tab twice daily after food for 5days. Tab. Lansoprazole 15mg 1tab twice daily before food for 10days. Eat more guavas regularly. Take green tea with honey and aloevera once daily in morning. If you are suffering from whitish vaginal discharge and pain abdomen,than it might be vaginal infection which needs special intervention. Review here again,if you have this problem.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern for your sister. pin during and just before the periods is normal and encountered by most of the females in the world. if it is accompanied by menstrual abnormalities like excess bleeding, sparse bleeding, passing clots etc. it needs to be checked out by a gynaecologist. i would suggest you getting a ultrasound abdomen and pelvis done to rule out any abnormality and then taking medicines like metal spas for pain management. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain