Stomach infection

I went to a doctor on 7 may 2016 with stomach and chest pain and he diagnosed it as stomach infection.I took his prescription drugs Drotin Plus,P.B.T. and others for 5 days and my health improved.But after 5 days when duration of medication was over I am again having stomachaches.Should I take the same medicines for few more days.

Doctor Answers (1) on Stomach infection

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, you should understand that stomach pain occur due to numerous reasons like gastritis, food allergies, food poisoning, constipation, lactose intolerance, gastroesophageal reflux disease, ulcers, indigestion one of this might be the cause for your problem. Based on the history you have given it might be due to gastrointestinal infection from the unclean water you are consuming. So I advice you to stop doing that. Complete the course of prescription given to you and Get a opinion of nearest physician for further management if you are still worried.