Stepped on dead mouse

I stepped on a dead mouse on the street while it rained heavily. It might have been killed by a rabid dog. It might also have left some saliva on my shoe. My shoes somehow touched my car seats, gearbox, AC control and my smartphone leather cover, all of which I touched with my hand. Later on I ate food and talked on the phone with the cover right on my ear. Is it a cause for concern or just an irrational fear?

Doctor Answers (2) on Stepped on dead mouse

Dr. B Rajashekar Bangalore | General Physician
hello it is just irrational fear but get a tetvac injection and prophylactic anti rabies treatment under medical supervision goodluck bye
There is no reason to worry. Probably you are more worried about the risk of getting rabies infection. The rabies virus is not transmitted through the intact skin. You don't have to undergo anti rabies vaccination for this reason of stepping on the dead mouse. But you must follow the general hygiene measures to avoid any other infection.