Spinal Cord fracture

Hi, my brother has been suffering from Germ Cell Tumor for sometime and now he had lost senses below his hips due to compression and fracture of spinal ( t11 vertebra). He had been operated and the tumor surrounding had been removed. can u suggest me how long does it take for him to get back to normal.

Doctor Answers (2) on Spinal Cord fracture

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
As per your description he is having paraplegia below hip, it requires clinical examination to give opinion on prognosis, if there is complete spinal cord injury it is bad prognosis for recovery, consult orthopedic surgeon get evaluated by clinical examination and he will give opinion
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It varies from person to person....it depends upon condition and extent of damage and presence of comorbid conditions along with care and involvement and motivation of patient... Ask your doctors in your next visit they will guide you in detail.