Speech worsened

Ii was diagnosed with tongue tied.on saturday oral surgeon performed frenectomy using local anesthesia. I had minor speech problem .before surgery.during surgery ,after making a cut dr asked me to stretch my tongue to know the improvement and speak something. I strected out my tongue but cannot speak out clearly.i told him i am unable to speak properly.Later before suturing he said iactually this is not tongue tied problem i dont have frenulum.After surgery imy speech got worsened. Instead of improving. i dont know whats the reason ...it it because of suturing. It this normal. Will i be able to regain my speech. I m worried.

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Local anaesthesia administered during the procedure can also alter the speech temporarily..... and the sutures placed after the surgery can also do the same thing till the time they are removed..... considering your age, please understand that it will require some time for the tongue and the adjoining areas to heal completely and verbal articulation to improve..... please have some patience and follow the instructions given by your dentist meticulously..... it will definitely take some time and the improvements should not be expected overnight.... Regards.....
Dr. Pinak J Kapadia
Periodontist 14 yrs exp Surat
Please do not worry. Your speech would be temporarily affected. The tongue is remarkably resilient, it will adopt to its new position. Once the stitches are removed, and if you have zero pain but still problem in speech, for a while please try and read something loudly for half an hour a day. Maybe a newspaper or a book. Give your speech a chance to self-correct. If the problem doesn't disappear in a month, then you can take an opinion again.
Dr. Arun Swarup
Dentist 36 yrs exp Mumbai
It could be due to the anesthesia but also it depends on how long has the tongue tie been for.. Please check the tongue movements (touch your upper lip with your tongue keeping your mouth open) if it's proper then your tongue movements are adequate and you may need to contact a speech therapist for the same! Don't be afraid it will all be ok! Have a biting fit day!
Dr. Shilpa
Dentist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
nothing to worry your speech will temporarily impaired due to anaesthesia effect you should be alright