Spasmo proxyvon effect

I was prescribed spasmo proxyvon for my kidney stone pain relief during 2005. I stopped taking soon after the pain got relieved then. But recently I have back aches due to my desk job and occasional playing of badminton for which I started taking spasmo again. One tablet a week whenever I have the pain. It gives me high and I feel relaxed too. I'm too concerned abt it and reduce it to half doses but still can't quit taking it. My worry is taking half tablet of spasmo will affect liver and other Health problems I may face in future. Kindly suggest is it ok or what should I do to quit spasmo? Thanks in advance.
views-icons 234 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Spasmo proxyvon effect

Sagar KS Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, spasmoproxyvon is a pain killer prescribed by doctors to relieve spasmodic type of pain. Don't take this tablet continuously without doctors prescription. because it can cause damage to kidneys and liver. If you are facing problems like abdominal pain or back ache consult general surgeon once. Avoid taking painkillers continuously without doctors consultation.