Sore throat
Around 50-55 days back, I had a sore throat and fever and consulted general physician. I was prescribed cefpodoxime + potassium clavulanate under brand name Forenza 325mg. I felt better after completing the couse for 5 days and stopped the medication. Again around 3 days back, I got a bad sore throat with irritation and consulted general physician, I was prescribed cefpodoime + azythromycin comination. However I did not want to take both the drugs together fearing drug interaction(which I found online) so I took only cefpodoxime but the irritation and sore throat is still persistent. I have taken 200mg of cefpodoxime twice daily for 3 days now. I really do not find any improvement, is it fine to take the medication again since I have already taken it the last time ?. Also are there any drug interaction between cefpodoxime and azthromycin ? Please suggest.

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....you will require antibiotics to clear up infection..

Hi there, You are having Throat infection for which antibiotics are needed.
Cefpodoxime and Azithromycin can be taken together. It covers most of the bacterias causing throat infection. There is no significant interaction.
You can take Betadine and Saline water gargles 3 to 4 times a day.
Hi..... Get plenty of sleep and rest your voice. Drink fluids. Drink plenty of water to keep the throat moist and prevent dehydration. Try comforting foods and beverage. Warm liquids — broth, caffeine-free tea or warm water with honey — and cold treats such as ice pops can soothe a sore throat. Gargle saltwater. A saltwater gargle of 1 teaspoon. Gargle the solution and then spit it out.....

Hoarse voice without sore throat Severe body aches and sore throat Amoxicillin 500mg for sore throat