Sompraz vs Sompraz D tab
Hi Doc, My mom was prescribed Sompraz tablet but the Chemist has given Sompraz D 40 instead. Is it the same or shall I exchange it for Sompraz 40 instead? Kindly suggest. Thanks a lot in advance for the help. P.S. She is under medication for Rheumatic Arthritis and this medicine is to negate the side effects I believe.

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 12 yrs exp Delhi

You should take the medicine as prescribed.. if your mother doesn't have bloating , than sompraz d is not required. Their is no point of taking an extra medicine as all medicines have some side effects. Get sompraz only
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, it is antigastrits medication given to prevent gastritis as a side effects of medications for rheumatic medications. Yes both tablets contain esomeprazole and, in sompraz d, there is extra domperidone too, which helps to control heart burn, belching, vomiting too. Yes she can take this medicine.