Solution for dandruff

I have got to much of dandruff in my scalp.i have tried many oil,shampoos etc but it dosent go.plz give me a permanent solution for my problem

Dr. Rajdeep

There are many kinds of medical treatment available for dandruff. It can be kept under complete control. Tablets, shampoos and other lotions are available in people who have tried everything else available over the counter. Response to medicines is quite good. I generally treat my patients with oral ketoconazole and ketoconazole with coal tar shampoos. I also use other stay on lotions or shapoos containing piroctol olamine for maintainence. Home remedies like lemon juice and amla help in mild cases. ZPTO containing shampoos are useful in moderate cases and medicated shampoos and tablets are needed in severe cases. Please visit a dermatologist near you for a prescription for the medicated products. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Oils are usually not helpful for dandruff. Rather it's like adding oil to fire. Oil serves as fodder for fungus which causes dandruff. You'll need to see a dermatologist near you and be treated with anti fungal shampoos for a few months followed by maintenance. Make sure u use a helmet if you ride a two Wheeler since pollution can add to your problem. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital. Bangalore.