Snore during sleep

My age is 24 and during sleep these days I have started to snore what is the reason and how to stop it?

Doctor Answers (2) on Snore during sleep

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there. for the first part of your question. the reason for snoring in general is that when you breathe with a slightly open mouth in sleep, the soft palate vibrates to cause the sound which we call snoring. to stop snoring, its ideal to sleep in your side. don't sleep immediately after food. if you have congestion in the nose, try some decongestant. consult a ENT Specialist for further evaluation. regards
Dr. Sujeet Narayan Charugulla Hyderabad | Consultant Physician
Check your sleep posture, sometimes sleeping on your back causes snoring. It's ideal to sleep in left lateral position to not lead to snoring in most. If still persists, try a no snoring device available over the counter to be applied on nose area. If all fail, get a doctor's consultation.