cardiologist-icon
Sleep apnea query
My father has been diagnosed with mild obstructrtive sleep apnea sleep index was 7. He completely refuses to use cpap. I wanted to know if its a must to use cpap and other such equipmemts or he can do without it . He is 64 year old. No diabetes or blood pressure. And is not having any major symptoms other than snoring

hello there. CPAP is the best treatment available. if he is not comfortable with it or if it doesn't work for him, you could opt for surgery. the surgery depends on where the exact obstruction occurs. it could be a multilevel surgery also if the obstruction is at multiple levels. kindly consult your ENT surgeon for further help on this topic. regards