SLE Transverse myelitis

I have been affected by transverse myelitis in oct 2010. I have been diagnosed with SLE after that. I lost my sensitivity n movements from umblical cord down. I am suffering with internal pain and burning sensation. My doctor is telling me that I need Retiximab treatment. is it safe? does stem cell treatment help me?
views-icons 45 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on SLE Transverse myelitis

doctor profile image
Dr. Rashmi T V
2 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician
Hi Monoclonal antibodies are been under trial for flare up reactions seen in auto immune conditions like SLE ... So far it's been associated with side effects like GI tract disturbance and hypersensitive reactions... Depends on individual general condition as wel....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?