Skin with dark itchy spot

It's itchy with dark coloured in the spot it had been 6 months it didn't heal a pharmacist told me to use Dermikem a skin medicine but it hasn't help me please help me it's in the buttocks and thighs

Doctor Answers (3) on Skin with dark itchy spot

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. From your description it looks like you could be suffering from tinea cruris. It is a fungal infection. But you are using dermikem ointment which contains clobetasol, a high potent steroid. It will only exacerbate the infection. Consult a dermatologist for further evaluation. If it is indeed fungal infection, then you will need oral and topical antifungals.
Dr. B Rajashekar Bangalore | General Physician
HELLO FIRST FIND THE CAUSE OF IT BY GETTING A SKIN BIOPSY DONE THEN CONSULT A DERMATOLOGIST AND DECIDE BYE
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
But you are just playing with your health. Pharmacist is a pharmacist and he is not a dermatologist.
So instead of going and consulting such quacks better get it checked out by a dermatologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.