Skin sensitive to sun

I have been diagnosed with Polymorphic Light Eruptions by a dermatologist a few years ago. My skin is extremely sensitive to sunlight and even a few minutes of direct exposure can cause irritation and angry red bumpson the skin. They are extremely itchy and no amount of any cream can help me except for that certain cream that doctor I had consulted. Unfortunately, there is no way to consult my previous doctor, can anyone guide me as to what cream to use for this. I have previously tried Clobetasol Propionate on my own without any positive results.
views-icons 28 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin sensitive to sun

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. First of all stop using clobetasol propionate for long duration. It is a high potential steroid. If it's pmle, mid potent steroid like momematasone will be enough. From the pictures it looks more severe to be a pmle. You will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations including skin biopsy if necessary. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.