Skin related problems

I have rashes on my inner thigh, I used quadriderm cream and also I used dettol to wash it, after some time rashes and itching problem gone but I got black marks on it and again it spreading on the thigh. Now what should I do to stop it..

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

It's not gone and is still infected. This is mostly a fungal infection. Don't use dettol!!! Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM.. Many of These creams have been recently banned. these creams will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. See a dermatologist at the earliest.