Skin related

I hav been going through a lot of irritation due to some kind of rashes on my groin/inner thigh which has spread to d scrotum ,around my anus nd butt sometimes also near the upper genital region..This is very much irritating.I m unable to sit for long time.Scratching exagerates it nd makes it much more inconvenience especially in public.I hav tried itch guard and nycil powder but all in vain.It juz helped for a few hours.I m concerned wht to do now.I hav never been in a physical relation with nyone.So no question ny transmitted skin disease .May i please know wht it is nd the medication?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Probably u have a fungal infection.Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.