Skin rash post viral feve
Had high fever for a day, with complete remission the next day. Rashes appeared on small, the slowly few on face, palm and sole of feet. I took Dolo thrice. I am not allergic to any medicine. General physician said this is not chicken pox but due to viral infection. Prescribed antihistamine and some antibiotics. But the rash on sole of feet are making even walking very painful. Feet is a bit swollen as well.He has prescribed a mild painted killer. No increase in rash in the past 2 days. They are flattening out. The fever has not returned. Should I take a second opinion? Dermatologist?

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. What kindvof skin rashes are you getting? It would have been better if you had posted a photo of the rashes. If it's just a maculopapular rash, then you need not worry. Viral exanthems are common post viral fever. They will subside in a few days. However if you are getting fluid filled lesions, then consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.