I m facing acne problem..thy r nt pimples but small dots...bit bigger thn whiteheads.. i m using sun screen of 50 spf since 4 mnths but no use.. my face skin is still dark n dull compared to my inner body area.. pls advice how to make my skin glow
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hi. Greetings. Firstly u need to see a dermatologist : following would help.
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Nothing can permanently make skin fairer than that given by God and nature.
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
Send pics of lesions and further queries on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.