Skin Problem

I developed a mole kind of thing on my scalp and I read about it on the Internet to which I read different opinions. When I consulted my Doctor, he said it was nothing but a mole(wart) he gave me reassurance that this is nothing to worry about and on enquiring he said it can be removed with a surgery and then sent for biopsy to find out the nature of that mole. Firstly I want to have a rough estimate about such surgery and secondly I want to know if this mole can be dangerous in the future?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin Problem

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
Was the doctor a dermatologist? Many raised lesions can look alike e.g. warts, moles, seb keratosis, nevus sebaceous etc. Only a dermatologist's eye will know the difference. So visit one and all your worries will be taken care of. Depending on what it is , a wart can be removed by cautery or ablative RF. If a mole surgical excision is done depending on a lot of factors which are very difficult to explain on this forum. Procedure estimates vary from doctor to doctor . So visit a dermatologist near you.