Skin itching for over 1yr

I have been taking medicine for skin itching for over 1 yr. But the problem keeps coming time to time. I changed doctor but to no avail. Dry skin and dandruff is a persistent issue in spite of so long medication.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Dermatosurgeon 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Dear Sir, I wish to enlighten you that itching and rashes could be due to many many reasons and may be tough for us to diagnose with the limited history you have provided. I would wish to request you to send images of the rashes you have - if any. Most likely you have urticaria. This may need prolonged treatment for a few weeks to months with oral anti histamines to control you symptoms. You can apply calamine lotion for improvement of symptoms. Just dry skin itself is an important reason for itching . daily use of a good moisturiser is the only cure for it. Meet a qualified dermatologist for detailed evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps . follow up on private chat if any queries further. Warm regards.