Skin issue

I have white spots in my legs at bottom side, and one of my nipple has become white because of no reason. It does not pain or itch. It looks very odd, does it due to some kind of infection? It's been 2-3 years, and they are neither increasing nor disappearing. They just appeared one day, and since then the hadn't changed. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin issue

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You are probably suffering from a skin problem called vitiligo. The colour producing cells or melanocytes in the skin are destroyed in this disease. If you have had no changes in two years it means the disease is stable. There are various procedures to transfer melanocytes from other areas to the white areas. You can contact a dermatologist who does vitiligo surgery or a dermatosurgeon for these procedures. Vitiligo generally does not have any other internal problems and is only of cosmetic concern. A relationship is present between thyroid disease and vitiligo. But if you have no other medical problems like weight change then you are unlikely to have a thyroid disease. Please visit a dermatosurgeon or vitiligo surgeon near you. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore