Skin Issue

I'm suffering from Psoriasis from past 1 and a half years. Only on palms and fingers. And also on the heels. I went for English treatment. Doc advised an ointment each time I went to show. But it still persists. I keep applying baby oil thrice a day to keep it moist. Please tell me how to get rid of this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin Issue

Hi. Greetings. Firstly you need a detailed counseling and understanding of the disease of psoriasis. Acceptance of your disease cures your more than half of your problem. You may need prolonged treatment with tablets and creams for the condition to resolve and skin to become normal. Even after that you may have to take medicines for long time. Don't be lured into any medicine that claims cure of your condition. You could visit me or a dermatologist near you for detailed management. Hope this helps. Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital