Skin infection

I have a lesion on my left foot calf area. The infection is at least for a year. I did not pay attention to it. But last few months the infection is causing a itching . the infection hasn't spread nor any puss has formed. It has become a dark colour patch. Is clotrin ointment good ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin infection

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
It may not be an infection. Infections spread rapidly and are usually not localised to a particular area for a long time like 1 year. You are probably suffering from an eczema. Clotrin cream is an antifungal and will respond if it is a fungal infection. Fungal infection could also be resistant to medicines like clotrin and may require higher antifungals. Please visit a dermatologist near you to get a proper diagnosis so you can be appropriately treated. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore