Skin Colour Change

I have recently been to GOA for a week with my friends, due to the heavy salt content in the beaches there my color has changed a bit, I have become a bit dark now. I feel it is because of weather there and the salt content in the beach water. What has to be done in order to get back to normal color. Any body lotion's ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin Colour Change

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You have tanned due to sun exposure. It has nothing to do with the salt content in the water. Tanning is a protective mechanism to prevent your skin from developing cancer. People who tan easily do not develop skin cancer easily and vice versa. To prevent a tan you will either need to avoid sun exposure or use a sunscreen every 2 hours when you are outdoors. To remove a tan you could use detanning creams prescribed by a dermatologist. Detanning makes your skin very sensitive to sunlight and you will need strict sun protection when using them. Also procedures like chemical peels can be done to remove a tan. Visit a dermatologist near you for more details. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore