Skin allergy

I have been suffering with skin allergy since 2009.That itching is like someone pressing on your skin with sharp needle. I consulted many Drs but no use .All suggested Atarax 25mg. Symptoms are drowsiness,dry mouth, itching in nasal and every where in the body. I surfed in net these are side effects of Atarax.

Dr. Rasya Dixit
Hi You seem to be describing a condition called Chronic Urticaria. In this condition, there is recurring itching and rashes. In upto 60% of patients an underlying cause cannot be identified.  so the management is only symptomatic. Atarax is a common medicine used to treat this and all the symptoms you mentioned can be caused by this. I would recommend you meet a dermatologist and change over to non sedating antihistamines which would not cause these symptoms. These would definitely improve your quality of life