Sister got chickenpox

My sister has not been feeling well since 2-3 days and today morning she was diagnosed with chicken pox. She got a lot of visible boils on hands and neck. she went to our hometown now so that's not an problem. We have not been in direct contact but today morning i touched her towel to keep it in place. I have never got chicken pox before. I'm very scared I might get one. what should i do to prevent the chicken pox? is vaccination the solution? What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Sister got chickenpox

Hello.. You take variolinum 200 - 1 dose. And give it to your other family members also.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
People of age above 13 and who haven't been vaccinated should receive two catch-up doses of the vaccine, given at least four weeks apart...and vaccine is quite safe...Side effects are generally mild and include redness, soreness, swelling and, rarely, small bumps at the site of the shot...wash your hands regularly and maintain proper hygiene... And Consult nearest physician they will do the needful.