Sinous problem

Iam suffering from sinous problem since three years and am suffering dns also after sinous surgery my nose blocks daily and accumilating mucus in nose I can't breath well what can I dco iam using otrivine daily relief
views-icons 91 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Sinous problem

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
You are suffering from Rhinitis Medicamentosa! This is due to abuse of the Otrivin nasal drops which is now causing the very problem you are using it to avoid.... Rebound Congestion. STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY. You will suffer for a short while just like other drug addicts do when deprived of their drugs.... But use only salt buffer solution to cleanse nose. This is prepared by dissolving 2 tablespoonfuls of salt and one teaspoonful of baking soda in one glass(250ml) of lukewarm water. Use a 20cc syringe ( without the needle) to flush it in both nostrils to relieve your nasal congestion.