Side effects of RTC
Got rct a week ago as per guided by the doctor. However, can someone tell me how safe is treatment for the long run . After studying I found out that root canal treatment opens opportunities for bacteria to get in the body from that teeth and can lead to lot of problems in future. After reading all the detailed info that is available I can't understand how the treatment can be bacteria free which can prevent multiple side effects of this treatment. And the treatment which we have undergone will not have any future prblms. And the measures to be taken to prevent this further

Dr. Vishal Jain
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Faridabad

Hello Dear, As you had told in your question that RCT has already been done on your tooth and you had read a lot about it on internet, see my brother complications can happen in any case but it is not like that it can happen in every case. RCT is a proven method and is performed from many years. I am doing it from past 14 years. Please dont worry much about it. Regards, Dr Vishal Jain faridabad
Dr. Animesh Jaisawal
Dentist 10 yrs exp Varanasi
RCT is the root canal treatment to clean  and disinfect the root canals of teeth which are grossly carious, infected and whose infection and caries have approached the pulp or in cases where there is exposed pulp. This treatment is advised in cases when the patient is not willing for extraction of tooth or in cases where there's possibility of saving the teeth. However as this is technique sensitive process and there's chances of relapse of infection inspite of best treatment done and the success rate of RCT is internationally claimed to be around 70%. If the RCT is not successful then Re -RCT can be done or extraction of the tooth can be done. Later on Bridge can be given on missing tooth.