Side effects

My wife is on Acitrom 3mg and 2mg, she got peiods h she has over bleeding. To reduce it can she use Pause 500 mg? I want to know whether it has any side effects like hormonal tablets?

Doctor Answers (1) on Side effects

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
Acitrom is an anticoagulant that help to prevent blood clots. It is indicated to stop blood clots forming within the blood vessels. when a patient is on such medications their bleeding at menses is always heavy. Acitrom is a anticoagulant that means it prevents blood from clotting. Pause is tranexamic acid which prevents the formed clots from disintegrating, so its action wont happen. It would be better to consult the doctor who has started Acitrom to find any alternatives or any medicines to prevent excess bleeding. Hormones can be given to such patients as hormones prevent the lining from growing much and that controls bleeding. Please get her evaluated by a gynecologist to rule out other causes like thyroid dysfunction, uterine fibroids, ovarian cyst etc......and then get the drugs written by the gynec , verified by the other doctor who has started the Acitrom