Shedding/ Balding Eyelash

A bald spot has appeared in my left Eyelash. The lashes have shed in the center of lashline entirely. The right seems fine but I suspect it is also starting to shed. I find a lot more fallen lashes around my face lately.

Doctor Answers (2) on Shedding/ Balding Eyelash

Dr. Chitrika G .B Bangalore | Dermatosurgeon
Hi, loss of hair in the eyelashes could be a sign of alopecia areata. Visit a dermatologist near you to confirm the diagnosis and for treatment. Also get a thyroid profile done especially if there is a family history of hypothyroidism.Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr Chitrika G.B
Grow and Glow Health care
Greetings. This may be due to a ophthalmological cause which may have to be checked - esp if there's any history of infection along the Eyelids. Otherwise this may be a symptom of alopecia areata involving the eyelids. Kindly see a qualified dermatologist near you. Further queries may be sent on follow up chat. Warm regards.