Sexual health

I am facing some kind of allergy or itching in the vagina. I consulted the gynac. They said it is some bacterial infection and gave some oral and local medication. But it seems to reoccur every now and then. When I apply coconut oil locally it is in control. When I stop applying it again increases and leads to some kind of white fluid discharge and itching. Also after intercourse I feel some kind of burning sensation. I am worried if this is something serious. Please help me and advice on what I should do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sexual health

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there. what medications were you on? does the white discharge occur everyday or once in a while. white discharge from the vagina could be a fungal infection. candida species fungus could be the cause and is also known as vaginal thrush. i would suggest you get the discharge tested for KOH mount and also gram's staining. by this test it would become clear as to what is causing this, a fungus or a bacteria. then repost the question with reports or ask me in private section and i would be able to help you more. Regards.