Sex related

Hello Dr. Me n my husband don't want the baby now.and last month I got my periods on 11th.and this month on 18th I do the home pregnancy test but it's negative. The gynaecologist suggested primolute-n for 7 days.I completed the course before 2 days but still didn't get periods. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Sex related

Dr. Panchani Surat | Gynecologist
hi good eveining

thnxs for your Question
is it your menes come?
if no than tell me last date of your menese and  how long u took primolute N tab.
mail me detail  on my id itsmedrdarshan@gmail.com

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...Consult your gynaecologist for fallow up they will do the needful.