Severe Hairfall

I am experiencing severe hairfall since the past 2-3 weeks. I had taken regesterone pills for about a month around 2 months back. Also I was under a lot of stress due to my exams recently. I suspect hormonal imbalance to be the cause of hairfall. Could you suggest some remedy for curing this.? Also which specialist should I consult for treatment- Dermatologist, Endocrinologist or Trichologist?

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe Hairfall

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala Mumbai | Trichologist
Hi. For such instances, a detailed history is required to assess the cause of such kind of hair fall (anything in excess of 100 strands requires proper analysis). Points such as stress, recent infections / febrile states, menstrual irregularities, thyroid gland disorders, ferritin levels, etc. need to be looked at in detail. Accordingly if the cause is treated, one ought to see a reduction in the hair fall. Further detailed questions can be posted on private chat. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI