Severe hair loss
Generally good health. Diagnosed with thyroid problem in December 15 and on medication of Thyronorm 75mg. Severe hair loss problem continues. Would like to consult and meet the right specialist. Please guide.

Dr. Govind S Mittal
Trichologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. Thyroid associated hair fall could continue for about 3 to 6 months even after treatment. You need to assess your thyroids levels every 3 to 6 months to make sure that the dose of medication you are on is right for you. The right specialist to discuss the issue of hair loss per se would be a qualified dermatologist. I could possibly refer you to one of them in your city. You could contact me for the same/for further queries on follow up messaging. Warm regards.