Severe acne & acne scars

My skin is hyper sensitive,oily & acne prone. Before also I had acne problem but it was under control. But suddenly from few months it increased like anything. These acne are systic , bigger in size & painful. My cheeks are just about to fully covered by these. I have tried all most all the doctors here but didn't get any improvement. Regarding this also I would like to inform that one year before I was under medication for PSOS problem. Fortunately things are fine now. I'm too much worried about it as I'm going to get married within 3-4 months. Please please help me and suggest me what to do to get rid of all it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe acne & acne scars

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course-  prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards.