Sensation in cheeks

Hello, Im addicted to gutkha, and recently since few months i feel some sensation in left cheek, like muslces getting hard some nerve tickling kind of stuff, when i started getting this i visited a dentist they said everything is normal, and then later had master healt check up, things were normal as well, but i continue to use it and trying to quit it by using nicotine patches but its not helping as i use it i start getting stomach pain after some time, so again i started chewing gutkha and i continue to feel sensation and nerves on left side, and occassional itching as well near the neck, please advise what should i do to get this to normal and what can i do to avoid gutkha chewing.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sensation in cheeks

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. You should try hard and quit the habit of chewing tobacco in any form. Tobacco chewing is the leading cause of oral cancers I'm sure you are aware of this. Nothing is difficult if you try. I'm sure you will be able to quit. If you need help, there are de-addiction centres. Consult a psychiatrist in regards to this. Also you need to have lots of greens and fruits. Regards